Yule Log Christmas Cake | Buche de Noel | Vertical Cake – I was supposed to upload this cake last week but since I had to fulfil a last minutes request, this cake is here this week. There will be no video upload this Friday since it’s Christmas day. I upload this video today so that some of you can enjoy this earlier and try baking it for the big Christmas day. This is a light cake, easy to make and great presentation with a vertical cake style, if you want to impress your guests. I know some of you must be very busy at this time of festive period. I wish all of you a Blessed Merry Christmas!
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/yule-log-christmas-cake
• Sponge Cake Sheet
I’m using a 33x33cm flat pan
4 egg yolks
30g [2 tbsp] fine sugar
48g [3 ½ tbsp] oil
40ml [3 tbsp] milk
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp salt
72g [½ cup + 2 tbsp]
4 egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
50g [¼ cup] fine sugar
• Mocha Cream Cream Frosting
75g [½ cup] chocolate melts
75g [¼ cup + 1 tbsp] whipping cream
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tbsp hot water
170g [¾ cup] unsalted butter, softened
60g [½ cup] powdered sugar
340g [1½ cup] cream cheese, softened
• Syrup – coffee syrup [2 tsp coffee + 1 tbsp sugar + 2 tbsp hot water]
• Deco: Almond flakes and rosemary
• Powdered sugar for dusting
• Sponge Cake Sheet
1. Preheat oven at 160°C/320°F.
2. Separate the eggs in 2 large bowls.
3. In the yolk bowl, add sugar. Mix vigorously until creamy and pale.
4. Add in the oil, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix vigorously until well combined.
5. Sift in the flour batches. Whisk gently until combined, do not over mix. Set aside.
6. In the egg white bowl, add the cream of tartar. With an electric mixer, mix on low for few seconds until foamy. Add in the sugar in 3 batches. Continue mixing on high while adding the sugar until stiff peaks formed.
7. Fold the egg whites into the yolk batter in 3 batches. Fold in gently in a circular motion until the white disappear. Add another batch and continue folding in with the whisk. Towards the end, switch to a spatula to scrape the bowl to unsure even mixing.
8. Transfer batter into a 33x33cm flat pan, greased and lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly. Tap the pan few times on the table.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 160°C/320°F for 25-30 min or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
10. Let the cake cool completely before slicing.
11. Once cool, measure and cut 4 equal horizontal sheets. At the end of the last sheet, trim off the edge 45° angle (for sealing purpose)
• Mocha Cream Cheese Frosting
1. In a small bowl, add the chocolate melts and whipping cream. Microwave a few seconds until the chocolate in melting stage. Mix until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add coffee and hot water. Mix until well dissolved. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add the softened butter. Mix until creamy.
4. Sift in the powdered sugar. Mix until well combined.
5. Add in the coffee and chocolate mixture. Mix until well combined.
6. In another bowl, add the cream cheese. Use a spatula to mash and make sure it is softened.
7. Add the cream cheese into the mixture (butter coffee and chocolate). Mix until well combined. Make sure there is no lumps.
• Assemble the Cake
1. Brush the coffee syrup on the cake sheets.
2. Spread the frosting with a spatula. Spread evenly.
3. Gently roll up each horizontal pieces, connecting to each other. Roll until the 2nd piece. You’ll probably find it hard to continue as the roll is getting bigger.
4. Place the rolled cake on the cake plate. Continue rolling with the other 2 sheets.
5. Seal the end with frosting. Fasten it with a plastic sheet. Refrigerate the cake for about 30 minutes so that the cake is tight and stable.
6. Frost around the cake.
7. Use a pointed tool (I’m using a pointed chopstick) to draw log grain lines.
8. Use some almond flakes to decorate as the log fungus.
9. Decorate the top with rosemary leaves.
10. Dust the cake with powdered sugar.
11. Refrigerate the cake before cutting.
12. Cake is ready to serve.
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
Some Delicious and Healthy Desserts
Even if you’re seeing what you eat doesn’t suggest you need to avoid dessert! Take a look at these simple, delicious, and also good-for-you recipes!3 Tips for Ordering Your Wedding Cake
Picking a wedding cake might appear like among those small details to deal with during your wedding planning, but as a matter of fact it must be one of the most thoughtful. A few of your most remarkable images will be taken with the wedding celebration cake, as well as it can set the tone for the whole day.Coconut Candy – How to Prepare and Other Uses of the Coconut Plant
This post is a step by step summary of exactly how to make Coconut Candy. They are numerous type of coconut candies but we are highlighting on the kind made especially in Nigeria.How to Throw an Indian Cultural Party
With a lot of wonderful cultures in the globe, it can be a great deal of enjoyable to find out more regarding them by throwing a social celebration. Cultural parties are a fantastic way to find out about an additional nation’s personalizeds, society and food.Candy Floss and Popcorn As Entertainment Brain Food!
Is it the scent? Is it the taste? Or just simply the brilliant cosy colours which catch you’re roaming eyes throughout the blinding lights of the reasonable ground? Sweet floss or candy floss has actually been a fun reasonable favorite considering that celebrations started, and proceeds today to please every ages with its merely sweet flavour rotated from what is quite merely sugar.