Basic Eggless Vanilla Swiss Roll Cake – This is quite a challenging cake for me. I tried 4 rounds with different recipe ingredients like flaxseeds, I finally found the easier way with easy ingredients. This recipe will give you super soft cake texture, easy to roll, and minimal cracks. Don’t be discouraged if you did not successfully roll it up as it takes some practices. Rolling is indeed challenging but I hope I’ve given you sufficient tips on the rolling part. Eggless is unlike egg swiss roll, it takes some patience here. I hope you are inspired to give it a try. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please click on “SUBSCRIBE” button with THE NOTIFICATION BELL ON.
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/eggless-vanilla-swiss-roll-cake
• Eggless Vanilla Cake Sheet
(I used 26x36cm pan) – don’t use anything smaller than this, as it will affect the thickness of the cake sheet (I will explain why below)
180ml [¾ cup] milk
1 tbsp white vinegar
180g [1½ cup] cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
120g [½ cup] plain yogurt
100g [½ cup] fine sugar
85g [¼ cup + 2 tbsp] oil
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
¼ tsp tumeric powder (optional)*
*remark: the turmeric is to give the cake some colour, otherwise it will be very pale white. This is optional.
• Cream Frosting
180g [¾ cup] whipping cream
60g [3 tbsp] condensed milk
[1 tbsp sugar + 2 tbsp hot water]
• Eggless Vanilla Cake Sheet
1. In a glass, mix milk and vinegar. Mix well and let it rest for 5 minutes.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, add condensed and turmeric powder. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add yogurt, sugar, oil, salt, vanilla extract and turmeric mixture. Mix for 1 minute until well combined.
5. Add in the milk mixture in a few batches, alternate with the sifted dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
6. Add in the sifted dry ingredients in a few batches, alternate with the milk mixture. Mix until combined.
7. Transfer the batter onto a 26x36cm pan. Try not to use a smaller pan. Use a scrapper to spread the batter evenly. Tap the pan on the table to release air bubbles.
8. Bake them in preheated oven at 180°C/355°F for 15 min or until the inserted skewer comes out clean.
9. While the baking is going on, prepare the cream frosting as you’ll need to standby using it later.
• Cream Filling
1. In a large mixing bowl, add whipping cream and condensed milk.
2. Mix on medium or low speed until it is stiff, do not over mix.
3. Refrigerate for 5 minutes while taking the cake sheet out from the oven.
• Roll the Cake
1. As soon as the cake is out from the oven, remove from the pan and parchment paper.
2. Place the cake sheet on a clean piece of parchment paper.
3. Let the cake cool off a bit for about 8-10 min.
4. The cake will be cool off.
5. Trim one side diagonally, this will be the end part
6. Brush the surface with syrup.
7. Spread the whipping cream. Spread a gradual height, one side more and gradually less on the other side, like a slope.
8. Roll the start point (the part which has more cream), gently roll up. Once you’ve roll up the starting, you’ll need to go fast to continue rolling up to prevent cracking. Remember this is an eggless cake sheet, it’s normal that it has some cracks along the way.
9. Once you’ll roll it up, use a scrapper to fasten the roll as tight as you can.
10. Fasten with tapes to hold the roll in shape.
11. Wrap with cling film, refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
12. After chilling for 1 hour, you may slice your cake.
FOOLPROOF TIPS HOW TO ROLL THE CAKE SHEET
1. Try to bake the cake sheet not too thick, about 1cm will be just nice. Too thick to tend to break or crack a lot.
2. Do not over bake the cake. Dry cake will most likely not work as it will break apart as you roll.
3. Roll the cake sheet while it is soft. That means try not to let it rest for too long.
4. Spread the frosting as soon as it cools down, roll it and then wrap up tight, refrigerate immediately. Do not try to roll the cake without the filling, and open up the roll, it will break apart easily.
5. Fill the cream one side more and the other side less in a gradual height like a slope. The starting part that has more cream is so that the cream can support the roll at the beginning because the starting the super fragile. Once you get a diameter of the starting, continue roll up quickly to prevent cracking. It’s ok if there is some crack, as soon as you roll and wrap the roll tight, the cracks will be repaired as you refrigerate.
Follow me at:
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
How to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth With Healthy Desserts
Is it feasible to have an incredibly enjoyable yet healthy treat? Or is that simply hopeful reasoning? When you believe of healthy and balanced desserts, do you envision yucky granola bars or prunes that could never ever satisfy your craving for sweets? The good news is that there are healthy and fantastic sampling treat choices you may not have actually attempted yet. These may be a lot more rewarding than you understand …Mastering Cake Decorating And Icing
Exactly how tough is it to actually master cake designing as well as topping? It isn’t truly as well challenging in all, and also this is especially true if you look at all topping in a rather “scientific” means. What does that mean?Sweeten Your Special Day With Wedding Chocolate Molds
Those that are aiming to make delicious chocolates from home may discover that wedding event delicious chocolate molds can be the perfect solution. In reality, you may find that your wedding celebration is made more unique with a special reward.Homemade Sugarless Candy Recipes
Candy production can be an extremely intriguing, ingenious and fun filled task to do. If you are a seasoned cook and have been attempting a great deal of recipes in your cooking area or you are just new on the planet of food preparation …Make Your Own Frozen Yogurt
Icy yogurt is a tasty treat that is loved by grownups and also youngsters of all ages. It has the same preference and consistency of ice lotion, but doesn’t have as much fat. When compared to other desserts, it comes to be clear that it is a much healthier alternative.