Eggless Christmas Fruit Cake – I had a last minutes request from one of you and I decided to just slot in this video before Christmas. I was supposed to upload something else, will make that next week. I made the egg version exactly last year, I hope this one is not too late. This eggless version is amazing. Look at how thick and full of mixed fruits when I sliced it. It’s definitely great for giving it away as a Christmas gift. For the alcohol version, this cake can last for up to 2 months at least. It’s the best treat to give as you don’t have to worry about its shelf life. Hope you’ll give this a try. Merry Christmas and God bless!
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/eggless-christmas-fruit-cake
I am using 7x7x3-inch pan
500g [3 cups] dried mixed fruits*
70g [½ cup] walnuts, chopped
70g [½ cup] cashews, chopped
180ml [¾ cup] whiskey (or brandy or rum)**
* dried mixed fruits consists of: dried apricots, raisins, plums, blackcurrants, glaze red and green cherries
**alcohol substitute: orange or pineapple juice (fresh or bottled)
300g [2 cups] apples, chopped (2-3 medium apples)
175ml [¾ cup] water
50g [¼ cup] light brown sugar
250g [2 cups] cake flour or all-purpose flour
7g [1¾ tsp] baking powder
2g [¼ tsp] salt
6g [2 tsp] mixed spice
113g [½ cup] unsalted butter, softened
100g [½ cup] light brown sugar
200g [¾ cup + 1 tbsp] applesauce
30g [1½ tbsp] molasses***
1 tsp vanilla extract
15g [1 tbsp] orange juice
***Substitutes of molasses: maple syrup or dark corn syrup
Soaking the mixed fruits:
1. In a glass jug or container, add the dried mix fruits and alcohol (or juice for non-alcohol).
2. Soak overnight or even up to 5 days for stronger flavor, in room temp.
Remark: if you’re using fresh fruit juices, overnight in room temp. If soak longer, must store in fridge.
Homemade Applesauce: (can be made ahead of time)
1. Remove apple skin and cut them into small pieces.
2. In a pot, add the cut up apples, water and light brown sugar.
3. Cover with a lid and simmer over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
4. Off and remove from the heat when the apple is tender and soft.
5. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
6. Blend in a food processor until mashed and smooth.
7. Set aside for use later.
On the day of baking:
1. Preheat oven at 150°C/300°F.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients.
3. Strain the mixed fruits. Add 2 tbsp of flour from the sifted flour. Give it a quick mix to coat the mixed fruits. This way the mixed fruits will not sink to the bottom.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add butter (softened) and sugar. Mix on high speed until creamy and fuffy.
5. Add in homemade applesauce. Mix until well combined.
6. Add molasses and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
7. Add the sifted dry ingredients, in 2 batches. Use low speed for few seconds so that no over mixing. Stop mixing as soon as the flour disappear. Do not over mix. Add in 2 tbsp of alcohol (fruit juices for non-alcohol). Mix for few seconds to combine. Add in the remaining flour, mix for few seconds until the flour disappear. Add in 1 tbsp of orange juice. Mix until combined.
8. Add in the strained mixed fruits and nuts. (Set the strained alcohol or juice aside for later use) Fold in the mixed fruits with a spatula until evenly combined.
9. Transfer the batter into a prepared 7x7x3 inch pan, greased and lined with parchment paper. Spread the surface evenly with a spatula.
10. Cut 2 pieces of parchment papers with a hole in the middle for peeping purpose. This is to prevent the cake top from burning and overcooked. Place these papers right on top of the cake.
11. Bake in preheated oven at 150°C/300°F for 45 minutes. Then lower the heat to 140°C/285°F for another 45-50 minutes.
12. Let the cake cool for 30 min.
13. Brush the cake with the strained alcohol or juice.
14. Wrap the cake with cling film, make sure you wrap it tight to keep moisture in the cake. You may refrigerate the cake for 3 hours or overnight to ease you in cutting or slicing the cake, in case of too crumbly. Do not cut the cake when it’s still warm or hot, the cake will break apart when you slice.
1. After slicing, store the cake in air tight container and you can leave it in room temp for up to 2 months.
2. For non alcohol, after 3 days in room temp, store in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. To consume, leave it in room temp for at leave 30 minutes before serving the cake.
Follow me at:
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
The Best Tiramisu Recipe
Exactly how can you end up a fantastic Italian meal? With an easy-to-fix, great-tasting treat, obviously. Right here’s one for Tiramisu that will have your guests smiling as well as it really did not take that much time to do.Frosting Choices For Sweet Treats
A lot of cakes, unless prepared by an expert, have to count on frosting to provide them a little bit of punch. That wonderful, smooth and luscious layer on the top is what grownups as well as children have a tendency to seek when purchasing and sampling cakes. It may shock novices to know that there are different kinds of frosting and each supplies an one-of-a-kind flavor.Coffee and Liqueur in Tiramisu
Just how to use coffee in tiramisu. Whether you selected to use a little or a lot the excellent news is there is no ‘best’ means.Italian Desserts (Sicilian Cannoli Recipe Included)
Do you wish to sweeten your life with an amazing Sicilian treat? Try the scrumptious cannoli.Can You Freeze Tiramisu?
I often obtain asked “Can you freeze tiramisu?” I will respond to that question for you below.