Lemon Poppy Seed Cake – this is a cake that will wake you up, not because it’s sour but it’s so refreshing that you won’t feel too much of it. Remember the butter cake using egg separation that I uploaded 3 weeks ago? I am using the same method for this cake. It turned out to be so soft and moist, not too heavy buttery taste but it gives just the right amount of butter fragrant. You can’t do without the curd in this cake, it’s the best match with the lemon cake. And well balanced with the cream cheese frosting too. You can go for just the whipping cream, but with a little cream cheese flavour in the frosting makes a difference in this cake. Hope you’re inspired to make this one. Enjoy!
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/lemon-poppy-seed-cake-with-lemon-cu
• Lemon Curd
2 egg yolks
100g [½ cup] fine sugar
25g [3 tbsp] flour
90g [¼ cup + 2 tbsp] lemon juice
45g [3 tbsp] butter
• Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
I am using 9x4x3-inch loaf pan
125g [1 cup] cake flour or all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
150g [½ cup + 3 tbsp] unsalted butter, softened
50g [¼ cup] fine sugar
5 egg yolks (medium egg)
15g [1 tbsp] lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
20g [2 tbsp] poppy seeds
1 tbsp lemon zest
5 egg whites (medium egg)
½ tsp cream of tartar
65g [¼ cup + 1 tbsp] fine sugar
• Cream Cheese Frosting
200g [1½ cup] cream cheese
40g [2 tbsp] sweetened condensed milk
420g [1¾ cup] whipping cream
30g [2 tbsp] fine sugar
Piping tip: #869
Lemon slice, halves
Initial preps: wash the lemons, grate some lemon zest and squeeze the lemon juice.
• Lemon Curd
1. In a pot, add yolks sugar and flour. Give it a quick mix.
2. Add the lemon juice, mix until evenly and no lumps.
3. Cook the mixture over low heat until it’s thickened. Stir continuously.
4. Once thickened, remove from the heat. Add butter. Mix until well combined.
5. Strain the curd into a bowl.
6. Cover and attach a cling film on the curd to avoid skin develop on the surface.
7. Refrigerate while working on the next step.
8. You’ll need to give it a quick mix and transfer into a piping later when it’s ready for use.
• Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
1. Preheat oven at 160°C/320°F.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder.
3. Separate the eggs into bowls.
4. In a large bowl, add softened butter and sugar. Mix until it’s creamy, fluffy and pale. Scrape the bowl occasionally for even mixing.
5. Add the lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Mix until combined.
6. Add the egg yolks, one at a time. Mix until combined, then add another yolk.
7. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients in 2 batches. Fold until combined, do not over mix.
8. In the bowl of egg whites, add the cream of tartar. Start mixing on low until foamy. Add the sugar in 3 batches. Continue mixing on high speed until stiff peaks formed, with adding the sugar in between.
9. Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture, just until the whites disappear. Do not over mix.
10. Transfer the batter into a 9x4x3 inch loaf pan, greased and lined with parchment paper. Tap the pan on the table few times to release air bubbles.
11. Bake in preheated oven at 160°C/320°F for 55-60 min, or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
12. Let the cake cool completely before slicing it.
13. Slice the cake into 3 sheets, with 1.5cm thick each sheet.
• Cream Cheese Frosting
1. In a large bowl, add cream cheese and condensed milk. Mix until well combined.
2. In another large bowl, add whipping cream and sugar. Mix just until stiff, do not over mix.
3. Mix the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Do not over mix. Switch to a spatula to scrape the bowl for even mixing.
4. Transfer into a piping bag.
• Assemble the Cake
1. Spread a little cream on the cake board.
2. Place the first layer of cake. Brush with syrup on the cake surface.
3. Pipe the cream cheese frosting around the rim.
4. Pipe the lemon curd inside the rim. Spread evenly with a spatula.
5. Pipe another layer of cream cheese.
6. Place another cake sheet and repeat step 1 to 5.
7. Cover with a thin layer of frosting as crumb coat. Refrigerate for 30 min or until the coat is hardened.
Remark: you may keep the remaining frosting in the fridge for time being. Later when it’s ready for use again, if the frosting is a little too tight, just add a couple tablespoon of whipping cream and mix until combined. Add a tablespoon at a time or until you get the right smooth consistency. The consistency will be smooth again for cake covering.
8. Cover the cake with the remaining cream cheese frosting.
9. Pipe the deco on the cake and size of the cake. Add some lemon slice halves in between the dollops. Add mint leaves.
10. Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 min before cutting.
Follow me at:
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
8 Easy Dessert Decoration Tips
A scrumptious treat makes an excellent end to any type of party. Whatever the celebration may be treats are the celebrity. Here are some dessert making tips for those dessert fansEasy Fruit Salad Recipes for the Healthy Sweet Tooth
That claims healthy and balanced eaters can not obtain their share of sweet deals with? Nature has actually provided everyone with the excellent treat – fruits! Like eco-friendlies and also veggies, fruits can additionally be integrated to develop wonderful and healthy meals that are one-of-a-kind.Low-Sugar, Gluten Free Alternatives to Your Favorite Desserts
Dishes for the private living a low sugar, sugar totally free, paleo way of life. Attempt these two timeless handles delicious chocolate chip cookies as well as cheesecake.Benefits of Yogurt
Yogurt is a tasty and also healthful joy. Yogurt’s obtained protein and bone building calcium. It aids you lose weight as well as keep away a cold. The health advantages of yogurt are so remarkable that many health-conscious people make it a day-to-day habit. Whether consumed as a meal or a treat, yogurt provides you a wide range of dietary benefits. It’s likewise a clever food that you can consume with various fruits and also maul nuts; use to make dressings for salad, enjoy in a dessert parfait; or include right into healthy protein drinks and also smoothies.Celebrating Moments by Pampering Your Taste Buds With Turkish Delights
The short article is all concerning the magical impact of Turkish sweet called Lokum, which is widely called Turkish Indulge in other components of the globe. The post throw light of Turkish traditions in which family members offer desserts as a present, which includes Turkish Delights. Much like the Turkish Coffee, this sweet meal has additionally earned a name as one of the most popular Turkish memento.