Ultimate Mango Mousse Cake – This cake is so moist and refreshing. The mousse is so creamy and delicious. It is also a very light cake that after one serving you’ll probably ask for more. The cake looks simple, just lightly decorated with some decorative cream on top. For a change, I’m doing a genoise cake which doesn’t require egg separation. However, you’ll need to be patient with the mixing the batter, one of the important key to make this cake. Hope you will give this cake a try. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please click on “SUBSCRIBE” button with THE NOTIFICATION BELL ON.
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/mango-mousse-cake
Required: 7 inch round pan, 7 inch cake ring, 6 inch cake ring
• Genoise Cake
I’m using 7 inch pan
3 large eggs
100g [½ cup] fine sugar
13g [1 tbsp] butter
20g [1½ tbsp] milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
93g [¾ cup] cake flour
• Mango Mousse
45ml [3 tbsp] water
9g [3 tsp] gelatin powder
50g [¼ cup] sugar
½ tbsp lemon juice
340g [1½ cup] whipping cream
50g [¼ cup] fine sugar
• Decorative Cream
120g [½ cup] whipping cream
1 tsp fine sugar
200g mango, in cubes for fillings
[1 tbsp sugar + 2 tbsp hot water]
Chervil leaves (for deco), you can also use mint leaves
• Genoise Cake
1. Preheat oven at 180°C/355°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs and sugar. Give it a quick whisk. Place the bowl over a hot water pot to incorporate some heat in it. This process is to enable the eggs to hold on to more air and also to ease in dissolving the sugar.
3. Whisk until the temperature reaches 37°-40°C/99°-104°F. If you do not have a thermometer, just use your finger to test out the mixture, it should be grainy, or whisk for about 2 minutes.
4. Place the bowl of butter and milk into the hot water pot. Let it sit until the butter is melted.
5. Remove the bowl from the pot. Add in vanilla extract.
6. With an electric mixer, mix on high speed for about 2 minutes or until ribbon formed. After 2 minutes later, the batter will become creamy, pale and the volume tripled. Lift up the mixer paddle, the batter will form ribbons. It will stay in shape when you drop it into the batter.
7. Continue mixing on low speed for another 2 minutes to release the air bubbles. This process is important before you stop mixing.
8. Sift in the cake flour. Use a spatula to gently fold in the flour until the flour disappear but don’t over mix.
9. The butter should be melted by now. Remove the bowl from the pot. Add a scoop of batter into the butter milk mixture. Stir vigorously until combined. This will help the mixing later. Then pour the mixture back into the batter. Gently fold until combined.
10. Transfer batter into a 7 inch pan. Drop the pan on the table to release air bubbles.
11. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C/355°F for 30 minutes.
12. Remove cake from the pan and let it cool completely before slicing.
13. Trim off the brown top and bottom. Slice the cake into 3 sheets. Use a 6 inch ring to cut off the brown edges. Set aside.
• Mango Mousse
1. In a small bowl, add water and gelatin powder. Stir well and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. Cut about 300g mango in cubes. Place them in a pot.
3. Add sugar and lemon juice. Heat the mango just until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
4. With a hand blender, blend the mango until fine and becoming a puree.
5. While the puree is still hot, add in the bloomed gelatins. Mix unitl the gelatin is dissolved. Let it cool completely before use.
6. In a large mixing bowl, add the whipping cream and sugar. Mix until soft peaks formed.
7. Add in the mango puree. Fold in until well combined.
8. Transfer the mousse cream into a piping bag.
• Assemble the Cake
1. Cover one side of 7 inch cake ring with cling film. Place the covered side facing the bottom.
2. Place a cake sheet in the middle of the ring, leaving about 1 cm margin on the sides.
3. Brush the cake with syrup.
4. Pipe the mousse cream around the margin and a thin layer in the middle.
5. Arrange some cut mango cubes within the cake diameter.
6. Pipe the mousse cream covering the mango.
7. Repeat step 2 to 6.
8. Cover the mousse. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight for best results.
9. To remove the cake ring, you may use a hair dryer or a hot towel.
• Decorative Cream
1. In a bowl, add whipping cream and sugar.
2. Use a whisk to prevent over mixing. Whisk until the cream is reaches soft peaks.
3. Gently pour on the top of the cake. With an offset spatula, gently sweep the cream to the sides.
Follow me at:
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
The History of the Sugar Cookie
Assume you recognize where the sugar cookie originates from? I wager you’re wrong! Learn about the origins of this “American” practice!Christmas Party Tips and Christmas Dessert Ideas
Christmas, the most magical time of the year – the period of merriment is here again! Time for events and events and you are most likely scratching your head for concepts or tiny little events for family members and also close friends. This can be a difficulty especially if you are taking a look at thinking of something fresh as well as brand-new.Novelty Birthday Cakes – Cake Decorating Lessons From a Spot Birthday Cake
I just recently embellished an Area birthday celebration cake, as in Place the dog. Being fairly brand-new to cake decorating as well as uniqueness birthday cakes I am attempting to ensure that I find out some lessons from every experience I have in making a novelty birthday cake as well as share those lessons with any individual else who may be interested in making novelty birthday cakes.Cake Decorating Classes – How to Select the Right Class
Having difficulty with cake designing? Possibly you need to attend some cake embellishing lessons. Below are some tips on just how to pick the ideal cake deco class.Vegan Chocolate Brownie
There are a whole lot of different dishes available for vegan brownies. Most are not specifically satisfactory. However, I am creating a far better brownie recipe. Adhere to along as I examine dishes as well as locate the perfect vegan brownie.