Polish Carpathian Cream Cake | Karpatka Cake | Cream Puff Cake – It’s one of the most unique cake I’ve tried. It’s unlike the regular cake but this cake layers are made of choux puff pastries and with pastry cream fillings. In other words it’s like a giant cream puff if you can imagine. However, the presentation is so unique that it resembles a regular cake but with a special and delectable texture and flavour. I love the cream so much. It not the same like any frostings I’ve tried. Somehow, you just want more of this cream. Having a bite of this choux and cream is heavenly. I know definitely eggless fans are demanding for an eggless version and you know that it’s hard to achieve a choux puff. Stay tuned for a surprise in the next video. Enjoy this one in the meantime
If you like this recipe, please click on “SUBSCRIBE” button with THE NOTIFICATION BELL ON.
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/polish-carpathian-cake
• CHOUX PASTRIES
120ml [½ cup] water
48g [3 tbsp] butter
¼ tsp salt
85g [½ cup + 3 tbsp] all-purpose flour
• PASTRY CREAM
350ml [1½ cup] milk
100g [½ cup] sugar
30g [4 tbsp] cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
113g [½ cup] unsalted butter
80g [½ cup] strawberries, chopped (optional)
Powdered sugar for dusting
• CHOUX PASTRIES
1. In a milk pot, add water, butter and salt.
2. Heat the butter until it’s melted. Off the fire when it starts to boil.
3. Add in the flour. Mix until it comes together. Meanwhile, put the heat back on, continue mixing until it comes together like a dough. Remove from the heat.
4. While it’s still hot, add in the eggs, one at a time. Mix until the mixture is sticky and hanging on your spatula, dropping very slow. This consistency is important, not too watery and not too dry or hard.
5. Divide the batter into two 6×6 inch pan, lined with parchment paper. You can also use a round pan is fine. Using a weighing scale is optional. Spread the batter evenly and all the way to the edges.
*Remark: if you only have one pan, you can bake the first one first, then bake the second one later.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 190°C/375°F for 30 minutes or until it’s browned.
7. Remove the pastries from the pans, let it cool completely.
• PASTRY CREAM
1. In a milk pot, add the milk and heat it up until it’s hot.
2. In another pot, add the egg and sugar. Give it a quick mix. Sift in the cornstarch, mix until combined.
3. Gradually pour in the hot milk.
4. Cook the mixture over a low heat. Constantly stir the mixture. Cook until the mixture is thickened. Off the heat. Add in the vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
5. Transfer the cream into a bowl. Cover with a cling film directly on top of the cream to prevent formation of skin. Set aside until it is completely cool before using.
*Remark: you can speed up the cooling process by refrigerating it (be careful not to put into the fridge immediately as it’s too hot, it will spoil your fridge. Or you can also put the bowl over another bowl of ice cubes to bring down the temperature fast.
6. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until creamy and pale.
7. Add in the cooled pastry cream in 3 batches. Mix until combined. Use a spatula to scrape the bowl to ensure even mixing.
8. Add in the chopped strawberries, fold until incorporated.
• ASSEMBLE THE CAKE
1. In a 6×6 pan, line the plastic strips around the sides.
2. Place one layer of choux on the base.
3. Add in the pastry cream. Reserve some to spread on the other layer (the hollow space beneath). Spread the cream evenly.
4. Spread some remaining cream onto the hollow space beneath the other layer. Place the layer on top of the pastry cream. Press the sheet down so that it’s packed.
5. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
6. Dust some powdered sugar on the top surface.
7. The cake is ready to serve.
Follow me at:
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
Karabij – A Middle Eastern Cookie
Karabij is a popular Middle Eastern cookie served with Natef. Natef is an unique white lotion made use of for dipping with Karabij. Karabij are one element in the center Eastern cookies household, which in turn is a course of Center Eastern desserts.What Is Gelato?
It is an Italian variation of gelato. For weight watchers, the advantage of gelato over ice cream is in the buttermilk material as well as the sugar content.Have Fun Learning How To Make Homemade Ice Cream In A Coffee Can
Almost nothing is more enjoyable than discovering exactly how to make homemade gelato in of a coffee can. Yes, it is possible; however you might desire your kids to do a whole lot of the work, which is something they’ll unquestionably such as!Baklava – A Mediterranean Dessert
Baklava is a fine, gourmet, Mediterranean dessert famous around the world. A couple of a century old, this great treat from the Mediterranean cuisine is most popular in Turkey, the Center East, Serbia, and also has actually come to be a globally popular treat.French Desserts And Pastries
What is better than treats as well as pastries? Yet, what is better than French desserts and also pastries? Chocolat Mou, Cheese croissant, creme brulee. They sound French, they look French, and they taste so good.