Soft and Crispy Cream Doughnuts – I had always wanting to make doughnuts for a long time. So here you go. Doughnuts is something you’ll like to eat it fresh and still warm. So homemade doughnuts is always the best, kids will love them. In this recipe, I’m showing a rather therapeutic kneading method (I actually got addicted to the kneading) than using the mixer. Of course, if you don’t have much time, you can always use a dough mixer, it will still turn out awesome. I do believe these doughnuts go so well with the custard cream, they will burst out as you taking your bite into the soft and crispy pastry. I hope you’ll inspired to make this treat. Let me know if you have any comments in the box down below. Enjoy!
FOR EGGLESS, you can opt for chocolate cream or whipping cream for the fillings or even eggless custard which you can refer to this link https://youtu.be/AAv-xy0rnfQ
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/soft-and-crispy-cream-doughnuts
• Doughnuts (this recipe yields about 12 pieces)
150g [1 cup + 2 tbsp] all-purpose flour
150g [1 cup + 2 tbsp] bread flour
2 tsp instant dry yeast
1 tsp salt
15g [1 tbsp] sugar
210ml [¾ cup + 2 tbsp] milk, lukewarm
50g [3½ tbsp] butter, softened
• Custard Cream
380ml [1½ cup] milk
25g [2 tbsp] unsalted butter
4 egg yolks
70g [¼ cup + 2 tbsp] sugar
30g [2 tbsp] plain flour
200g [1 cup] fine sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder, optional
1. In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Give them a good mix.
2. Make a well, add in the warm milk. Make sure your milk is not cold, but lukewarm. Mix until it comes together as a dough.
3. Transfer onto a working top. Spread the softened butter. At this stage the dough will change from very dry to very wet. Do not attempt to add in flour. The amount of butter is to give the dough moisture which will result in soft bread.
4. Keep kneading for about 20 minutes until the dough is smooth and soft. Do the test by pulling a bit of dough, if the window pane doesn’t break easily, the dough is good to go.
5. Fold in the dough into a ball shape. Place it into a greased large bowl. Cover with cling film and let it sit for about 45 minutes, or until the size is doubled.
6. While waiting for the dough to rise, let’s work on the custard cream.
• Custard Cream
1. In a small pot, add milk and butter. Bring the mixture over a low heat until the butter is melted. The mixture should only be hot but not boiling. Off the heat, set aside for a moment.
2. In a bowl, add the yolks and sugar. Mix until combined.
3. Gradually add in the flour while you keep stirring, this is to prevent lumps.
4. Add in the hot milk mixture. Stir continuously to prevent lumps.
5. Strain the mixture back into the pot. Cook only low heat and stir continuously. Cook it until the mixture is thickened. Once thickened, remove from the heat and strain it again to move the lumps.
6. Cover with cling film directly on top of the cream to prevent formation of skin.
7. Set aside to let it cool and while working on the next step.
• Back to the Doughnuts
1. One hour later, the dough has risen and double in size.
2. When you poke a hole in the middle, the dough will remain its shape and not deflate, that is a good sign.
3. Transfer the dough on a working top. Push out all the air.
4. Use a weighing scale to divide a small portion evenly. You can do whatever size of doughnuts you desire. I weigh 40g each which yield about 12 pieces of doughnuts. (relatively good size per person)
5. For the individual portion of dough, push out the air, fold it into a ball shape. Pinch and seal up the openings of the ball.
6. Set them aside and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, heat the oil to about 140°C/285°F. It’s ok if you don’t have a thermometer. The oil shouldn’t be too hot, or it will burn the dough while it’s still not cooked in the inside.
8. Gently place the ball shape doughnuts into the heated oil. Fry them for about 2-3 minutes on each sides.
9. Remove the cooked doughnuts and place them onto a plate.
10. While the doughnuts are still hot, dip them into a bowl of sugar and cinnamon powder mix. Coat the entire doughnuts with the sugar mixture.
11. Use a chopstick to poke a hole on the side for the cream insert.
12. Serve the doughnuts while it’s hot.
Storage: If you plan to eat them the following day, do not fill the fillings or coat with sugar as yet. Preheat you oven full blast (the highest heat) for about 7 minutes. Turn the heat off, then put your doughnuts into the oven and keep them in there for about 7 minutes. You’ll probably get back the same warm and crispy soft texture again. Then coat with sugar and fill with cream.
Follow me at:
by Bgm President
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
What’s The Scoop on NICE Cream? A Better-For-You Dessert
What is nice-cream and also how is it a better-for-you choice when you want something cool and creamy for treat? With this post, find out exactly how wonderful cream works, just how you can easily make it in the house, customize your preferred tastes and after that … it also obtains you began with a straightforward basic recipe. Obtain excited for fruit once again when you find out more regarding this virtually constantly customizable easy dessert.Gluten Free Appetizers
If you are having a party there is no reason that you can not delight in the appetizers that you have created for your other visitors, as there are lots of terrific sampling gluten complimentary appetisers you can take care of. Gluten is the healthy protein located in spelt, barley, and also wheat, which people who have gastric illness can not endure. These appetisers are normally gluten-free. One instance of a gluten complimentary appetiser is a mini-egg frittatas that are made with minced vegetables, bacon bits, and cheese. When you make use of crackers to put appetizers on checked out the ingredients to see to it that they are made making use of rice flour.Quick No-Bake Desserts That Will Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Dessert is what everybody refers to as the “grand finale” of every dish. Preparing pleasant deals with does not have to take lengthy – try these fast no-bake treats!Mistakes To Avoid When Using Your Ice Melt
Wintertime creates lovely locations with the white crispy snow on tree branches as well as landscapes. The icicles are really a charm, especially when they glitter around. However with the all the charm comes the threat of unsafe pathways as well as entrances that are impassable Your family as well as animals are actually not that safe when there is snow around your areas and you will be called for to put in procedures to maintain unsightly events at bay.Delicious Cakes – A Wonderful Christmas Offering
You can present the various presents on Christmas like events. Cakes, blossoms, chocolates and a lot more. Below from this post you can know numerous offerings for this Christmas season to enthrall and shock your liked ones.