Eggless Pineapple Pastry Cake – Pineapple pastry cake is technically not a pastry, but that’s what the Indians called it. The sponge cake is very soft, moist and spongy, with the pineapple crushed fillings and pineapple chunks, resembles the egg version last week, as I still feel this combination of fillings is the best, just the way I like it. In this recipe, I omit using any alcohol, as many of you who choose eggless must be vegetarians. I kept the design of this cake in a simple look. I hope you’re inspired to make this cake. Enjoy!
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/eggless-pineapple-pastry-cake
You’ll need 1 can of pineapple slice (with brine)
You can use fresh pineapples, but you’ll need to get some pineapple juice as well
• Sponge Cake
I used 7-inch round pan, and 6-inch ring cutter to cut off the brown edges
240 ml [1 cup] milk
1 tbsp white vinegar
280g [2¼ cup + 1 tbsp] cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
180g [¾ cup + 2 tbsp] fine sugar
130g [½ cup + 1 tbsp] oil
30ml [2 tbsp] coconut cream
30ml [2 tbsp] pineapple juice (from can)
1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pineapple Fillings
215g [1 cup] crushed pineapples
80g [¼ cup + 2 tbsp] fine sugar
11g [1½ tbsp] cornstarch
90g [¼ cup + 2 tbsp] pineapple juice (from can)
360g [1½ cups] whipping cream
30g [2 tbsp] fine sugar
30g [2 tbsp] coconut cream
Pineapple juice or syrup (from the can)
• Sponge Cake
1. Preheat oven at 180°C/355°F.
2. In a cup, add milk and vinegar. Give it a quick stir and let it rest for 5 minutes.
3. Sift all the dry ingredients (cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt)
4. In a large mixing bowl, add sugar and oil. Mix vigorously until well combined.
5. Add coconut cream, juice and vanilla extract, mix vigorously until well combined.
6. Add in the milk mixture in a few batches, alternate with the sifted dry ingredients.
7. Add in the sifted dry ingredients in a few batches, alternate with the milk mixture.
8. Mix until combined, do not over mix. Switch to a spatula to mix and scrape the bowl to ensure even mixing.
9. Transfer batter into a 7-inch prepared pan, greased and lined with parchment paper.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C/355°F at 35 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
11. Let it cool completely before slicing.
12. Trim off the top and bottom crust. Then slice into 3 sheets. Use a 6-inch ring cutter to trim off the round edges.
• Pineapple fillings
8. Strain the pineapples from the can. Keep the juice for use later.
9. Cut about 215g [1 cup] pineapples into chunks and place them in a food processor. Crush them into fine mashed. Set aside.
10. Add the crushed pineapples into a small pot. Add sugar and cornstarch. Give it a quick stir. Add in the juice.
11. Cook over a medium heat until the mixture is smooth and thickened.
12. Remove the pot from the heat. Let it cool.
13. Transfer into a piping bag.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add whipping cream, sugar and coconut cream.
5. Mix on medium low speed until the cream is stiff, do not over mix.
6. Transfer cream into a piping bag.
• Assemble the Cake
16. Spread a tiny bit of cream on the cake board so that it can hold the cake.
17. Place a cake sheet.
18. Brush with the juice.
19. Pipe the whipping cream, spread it evenly with a spatula. Pipe cream around the edges to create a border around the rim.
20. Pipe a generous amount of pineapple fillings. Spread evenly.
21. Place another cake sheet. Brush with juice.
22. Pipe cream and spread evenly. Place and arrange the pineapple slices (in halves or however you like). Pipe cream again to cover it. Spread it evenly.
23. Place the last cake sheet. Brush with juice. Pipe the cream on top and cover the cake with cream on all sides. Scrape the cake smooth with a spatula or scraper.
24. Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes or 1 hour.
25. Add the pineapple fillings on the top surface and spread them evenly.
26. Cake is ready to serve.
Follow me at:
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
Four Super Sesame Street Cupcake Recipes
Youngsters (and some grownups) will certainly go insane for these seriously cute Sesame Road cupcakes. Find out to make The Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Elmo as well as Oscar the Grouch in cupcakes. All layouts use the Vanilla Cupcake as well as Buttercream Cheese frosting recipes which are at the bottom of this write-up.7 Quick and Easy Steps For Making A Marzipan Pig
Detailed guidelines for making a charming marzipan pig that will be born in mind for years to come. Marzipan pigs are cute and stand for a mark of good luck as well as vacation joy.Using Cake Stands to Showcase Your Cakes
Cake stands are a crucial tool for the enthusiastic baker or specialist bread cook. This post addresses sorts of cake stands, where to purchase them, and also just how to use them.How to Show the World Your Talent in a Tiered Cake Stand
There are a great deal of individuals nowadays that are searching for methods on exactly how to generate cash and at the exact same time obtain pleasure from the task that they decide to pursue over time. Well they will certainly be pleased to understand that cooking is the closest choice they have in order to satisfy their desires. If you do not really consider cooking as an interest, then you should still entirely acknowledge exactly how this raises people’s moods. If you give someone a cake or any kind of baked item, it is an uncomplicated sign that you really look after them.Sun Safe Candy for Long Days at the Beach
Among the most effective methods to spend a summer season day is camped out at the coastline. You can make the day much more special by loading some video games, a good book, lunch, plenty of cool water and also some sun risk-free treats. There’s nothing worse than being available in from a dip in the sea – preparing for a cool beverage and sweet sugary treat to invigorate you – just to discover your treat has actually melted under the summer season sunlight.