Eggless Moist Pandan Cake aka Ondeh Ondeh Cake – I did an egg version last year, and there are quite a few request for eggless version, so I did it. This cake is super moist. I really love how the fragrant pandan taste turned out. In one of the request, it was requested to use buttercream frosting, I thought it might be a good idea, so I tried that. It went really well, the pandan cake and buttercream. This buttercream isn’t just the ordinary buttercream as I added the coconut sugar (aka Malacca sugar), and coconut cream. That way it’s superb. The combination of pandan and coconut sugar is just out of this world. I hope you’re inspired to make this cake. Enjoy!
• Eggless Pandan Cake
I’m using 7-inch pan, and 6-inch ring cutter
5-6 stripes long pandan leaves
80ml [⅓ cup] water
180ml [¾ cup] coconut milk
300g [2½ cups] cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
180g [¾ cup + 2 tbsp] fine sugar
130g [½ cup + 1 tbsp] oil
1 tsp pandan extract
• Coconut Sugar Buttercream Frosting
80g [⅓ cup] coconut cream extract
150g [1 cup] coconut sugar, chunks
60g [¼ cup] water
300g [1⅓ cup] unsalted butter
60g [3 tbsp] coconut sugar, caramelised
50g [½ cup] desiccated coconut
• Eggless Pandan Cake
1. Add the pandan leave and water in a blender. Pulse until the leaves crushed into juice. Strain the pandan juice. Add the coconut in the pandan juice. Give it a quick stir and set aside.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt. Give it a quick stir and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, oil and pandan extract (pandan extract is optional). Mix vigorously until well combined.
4. Add in the pandan milk mixture in small batches, alternate with the sifted dry ingredients. Fold in until combined.
5. Add in the sifted dry ingredients in small batches, alternate with the pandan milk mixture. Use a spatula to fold in until combined. Do not over mix.
6. Transfer the batter into a 7-inch pan, greased and lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C/355°F for 35 minutes or until the inserted skewer comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool completely before slicing.
9. Slice the cake into 3 sheets. Use a 6-inch ring cutter to trim off the brown edges. This is optional if you don’t desire the trimming.
• Coconut Sugar Buttercream Frosting
1. Add 80ml of coconut extract into a bowl. *The cream has to be chilled overnight in order to get the concentrated extract.* Gently scoop the cream into a bowl. With an electric mixer, mix for 1 minutes, the volume will gradually increase. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. I’m using coconut sugar aka Malacca sugar aka gula Melaka. Cut them in chunks.
3. In a small pot, add the coconut sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. The sugar will be thickened and caramelised.
4. Once the sugar is thickened and caramelised, remove from the heat. Strain the mixture and let it cool completely before using.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter. Mix until creamy, fluffy and pale.
6. Add 3 tbsp of the caramelised coconut sugar. Mix until combined.
7. The coconut cream (after 30 minutes refrigeration) is now thickened and stiff. Fold the cream into the butter mixture in small batches. With an electric mixer, mix until combined.
• Assemble the Cake
1. Spread a tiny bit of cream on the cake board so that it can hold the cake.
2. Place a cake sheet.
3. Spread a thin layer the caramelised coconut sugar.
4. Add the buttercream frosting. Spread evenly.
5. Repeat no. 2, 3 and 4.
6. Cover the cake with the buttercream frosting. Refrigerate for 15 minutes if needed.
7. Cover the sides with the desiccated coconut.
8. Pipe some dollops around the cake.
9. Add the desiccated coconut in the top middle, spread it evenly.
10. Decorate with mint leaves.
11. Cake is ready to serve.
Follow me at:
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
Another Kind Of Maamoul
Besides Maamoul, which is one of the most well-known Lebanese cookie that is also popular around the world, there is a various variation that is much less preferred however tastes just as great if not much better. It is called Maamoul Mad. This variation is based upon the initial one but does taste a little various due to the fact that it contains different concentrations of dough and also dental filling.Sauteed and Carmerlized Peaches
Really ripe juicy peaches tossed with a little bit of lemon juice and also sugar then sauteed with velvety butter is simply heaven. It’s tastes sinfully evil for the waistline however actually, it’s simply a little extra sugar as well as butter with some fruit. It’s an option when you want a sweet ending to your healthy dish such as a nice primary training course dinner salad. Healthy, yummy and also well-balanced doesn’t need to be made complex. Serve as is in this dish either warm, area temperature or chilled.Bread Pudding Dessert – Affordable Modern Recipes for Easter Brunch
Bread desserts are among the finest desserts. While antique bread pudding is cheerfully making a come-back along with today’s born-again of standard foods, either of its pleasant or savory versions can be easy to make and also with just a few active ingredients, you are all set for your sweet pudding.Delicious Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe
Cupcakes are actually made from the exact same ingredients with other cakes. In the United Kingdom, cupcakes are called as fairy cakes. No person recognizes specifically when the first cupcakes were created, however many individuals in America say that this cake can be found in 19th century.A World of Tasty Treats
Geography, custom-made, and also functional use neighborhood components are all elements that influence the types of sugary foods individuals choose to consume. Popular desserts around the world include cakes, cookies, biscuits, gelato, dessert, pies, as well as pleasant breads.