Cotton Soft Banana Chocolate Cake – If you have tried my cotton soft sponge cake, this is another cake which gives you a cotton soft cake texture that will melt in your mouth. It goes really well with bananas and mascarpone frosting. I always like my cakes to be in squares which enables you to trim off the sides, showing nice layers of the cake fillings and frosting. I came across this similar cake at the bakery store, my mouth watering almost instantly. I hope you’re inspired to make this at home for any occasions. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please click on “SUBSCRIBE” button with THE NOTIFICATION BELL ON.
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/cotton-soft-banana-chocolate-cake
• CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE
7x7x3 inch square pan
5 egg yolks
35g [3 tbsp] fine sugar
60g [¼ cup] light oil
50g [3½ cup] milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
65g [½ cup] cake flour
25g [3½ tbsp] cocoa powder
5 egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
65g [¼ cup + 1 tbsp] fine sugar
225g [1 cup] mascarpone cheese
30g [¼ cup] powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g [1¼ cup] whipping cream
• CHOCOLATE GLAZE
90g [½ cup] semi-sweet chocolate
75g [¼ cup + 1 tbsp] whipping cream
5-6 medium size bananas
[1 tbsp sugar + 2 tbsp hot water]
• Chocolate Sponge Cake
1. Preheat oven 160°C/320°F.
2. Separate the eggs.
3. In the yolk bowl, add sugar. Mix vigorously until well combined.
4. Add in the oil, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix vigorously until well combined.
5. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Whisk in a circular motion until combined, do not over mix. Set aside.
6. In the bowl of egg whites, add cream of tartar. With an electric mixer, mix on low speed until foamy. Add sugar in 3 batches. Continue mixing on high speed until stiff peaks formed.
7. Add the egg whites into the yolk batter in 3 batches. Fold in a circular motion until the white disappear, do not over mix. Switch to a spatula and continue folding until combined, do not over mix.
8. Transfer batter into a 7x7x3-inch pan, greased and lined with parchment paper. Use you spatula to stir and wiggle the batter to release air trapped bubbles.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 160°C/320°F for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove the cake from the pans, cool them completely before slicing.
11. Once the cake is cooled. Slice the cake into 4 sheets, set aside.
1. In a mixing bowl, add the mascarpone cheese. Use a spatula to press and mix until the cheese is softened.
2. Sift in the powdered sugar. Mix until well combined.
3. Add in the vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Add in the whipping cream in 2 batches. With an electric mixer, mix until creamy and no lumps. Add in the remaining cream. Mix until the cream is stiff, do not over mix.
• Slice the bananas about 5mm thick, set aside
• Assemble the Cake
1. Add a tiny bit of cream on the cake board, this is to hold the cake.
2. Place a layer of cake. Brush the surface with syrup.
3. Add a layer of cream frosting. Place the sliced bananas, filling the square space in a symmetrical order. Add a thin layer of cream frosting, covering the bananas.
4. Repeat step 2-3, for all the layerings.
5. Brush syrup on the top surface. Add a thin layer of cream frosting on the top.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
• Chocolate Glaze
1. In a bowl, add the chocolate and hot cream.
2. Place the bowl over a double boiler. Stir until the chocolates are melted. Make sure the mixture is smooth and no lumps.
3. Pour the glaze over the chilled cake, covering the top surface.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
5. Trim the sides (optional).
6. Cake is ready to serve.
Follow me at:
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
Cupcake Boxes are coming to be increasingly preferred due to the fact that there are numerous shop cupcake in baking shops appearing all across the nation. As an outcome of this, not just are her to mortar stores starting to supply a variety of various sorts of cupcake devices for both professionals as well as amateurs, there are a variety of web sites that are likewise starting to offer some of the very same products and also solutions for this on a regular basis increasing industry. Fortunately is, there are a number of extremely practical and also affordable alternatives for you to pick from that will also …Have More Birthday Fun With Birthday Cupcakes
Each year, individuals commemorate their birthdays with cakes. Cakes have become a required part of every celebration in a person’s life. The beginning of this tradition goes back to many centuries when individuals celebrated their birthdays by making offerings to the goddess of the moon.History of Petit Fours
Petit 4 which simply suggests “small stove” is the specific name for those small cakes that you find on trays at celebrations as well as on the table at stylish suppers. They exist as mini-pastries made out of cream and fruits. The ability for cooks and food caterers to develop brand-new and also unique kinds of petit fours is limitless. They can work as appetizers and also as a square meal, relying on circumstance.Friendship Cake
Have you ever before had a friendship cake? The name originates from the starter sets being provided to friends to make their own cakes, thus Friendship Cake. Each set of fruit will certainly make 3 cakes and 3 starter sets, 1 on your own and also 2 to provide to buddies.Top Ten Cake Decorating Tools
Anyone who has a rate of interest in sugarcraft and also cake decorating will understand just how many tools there are around and also will possibly have gotten a fair few of them which are gathering dirt at the back of a draw. I thought I would inform you about my 10 favorite tools as well as gadgets which I believe are great and well worth having.