Classic Homemade Apple Pie | Foolproof Flaky Pie Crust – It’s always looks easy when comes to making pie. But what’s challenging is to make a perfect flaky and crispy pie crust. This pie crust recipe I’m showing you is the ultimate and foolproof that you’ll get a flaky and crispy crust, not so much like a tart texture, you know what I mean. The reason I’m using a food processor is so that I don’t have so much contact of my hands with the butter. If you do not have a food processor, you’ll need a dough cutter to cut the butter into the flour. Try not to use so much of your hands. I’ve also made a video more than a year ago, and I miss making it again. So here you go. Tell me your experience and comment of the pie crust in the comment box down below. Hope you’re inspired to give this a try for this autumn season and thanksgiving. Enjoy!
FOR FULL RECIPE, please visit my blog at https://gracioustreatz.wixsite.com/bakewithlove/classic-homemade-apple-pie
3-4 medium apples, slices or chunks
50g [¼ cup] fine white sugar
50g [¼ cup] light brown sugar
2g [1 tsp] cinnamon powder
2g [¼ tsp] salt
14g [1 tbsp] lemon juice
15g [1 tbsp] butter
– Pie Crust
180g [¾ cup + 1 tbsp] cold butter
280g [1¼ cup] all-purpose flour
180g [¾ cup + 1 tbsp] cold butter, cubes
2g [¼ tsp] salt
2 tbsp cold water
12g [1½ tbsp] cornstarch
1 tbsp milk
for eggless, just omit the egg, use only the milk
course sugar (top)
1. Remove the apple skin. Cut and slice them.
2. Place the apples in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the sugars, cinnamon powder, salt and lemon juice.
4. Give them a good mix until well incorporated.
5. Cover and set aside for 1 hour. The reason this is done is to get the extracted apple juice later.
6. After 1 hour, strain the apples.
7. Add the extracted juice into a small pot. Add butter. Cook it over a medium heat. Stir until the butter is melted. Bring it to a simmer. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes until the sauce is thickened or caramelised.
8. Set aside to cool while working on the next step.
– Pie Crust
1. In a food processor, add the flour and cold butter. Remember it is important that the butter is cold and not softened. Pulse a few time until the butter comes to about a pea size. Don’t over pulse, we still need the butter to be in that size and not completely dissolved.
2. Add in the salt and cold water. Then pulse just until the dough is coming together. Do not over pulse. It is ok if the pastry is still in a bit of wet sand form.
3. Transfer and work the dough on a work surface. Gently put and knead the dough together.
4. Cut the dough into two. Wrap them individually in a cling film. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, remove the cling wrap. Sprinkle some flour on the table top to prevent the dough sticking. Roll out the dough to about 4-5 mm thick in the round shape. Once the surface is enough to cover a 20cm round pan, use a rolling pin to gently pick up the dough sheet by rolling it up, and then gently place it over the pan.
6. Gently press the sides so that the sheet is attached to the pan.
7. Again, use the rolling pin to trim off the edges.
8. Prick the base with a fork to allow steam to escape.
9. Come back to the fillings, add cornstarch and give it a mix until incorporated.
10. By now, the apple caramel is much thickened. Add it into the apple and give it a quick mix.
11. Transfer the apple fillings into the pan, just filling up to the surface of the pan. Pour in the caramelised sauce as well (or you can pour after the top crust is ready later). Set aside.
12. Repeat the same process to roll out the top crust. Cut the sheet into strips of about 15mm wide.
13. Place the strips on the top of the pie pan accordingly. Follow the video for the crust pattern design. You can do whatever fancy design you desire, you can even just cover the pie using the entire sheet.
14. Brush with eggwash. (beat an egg and milk together).
15. Sprinkle the surface with coarse sugar. (I recommend coarse sugar. It gives a nice flavourful crispy texture as you bite on the crust later)
16. Bake in preheated oven at 190°C/375°F for 40-45 minutes or until it is the brown you desire for your pie.
17. You can serve it hot or cold. Top with a scoop of ice cream. I should have saved some apple caramel sauce for the drizzle. Oh well..you can do that if you wish.
Follow me at:
Copyright © Gracious Treatz. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized usage or stealing this video is prohibited.
Reasons to Start Eating More Seaweed
Seaweed is an unbelievably functional food which can be cooked using a variety of various prep work. While lots of people only related to sushi, it has the ability to be integrated into virtually every meal. As a matter of fact, dried or baked seaweed with a blend of sesame oil and flavors makes an excellent treat. In terms of health, there are an expanding variety of reasons to begin eating seaweed.Health Benefits of Eating Foods With Laver
Laver is a specific selection of red algae that only grows off the coastline of Japan and near the British Isles. In western nations it is often referred to as nori. Any person that hasn’t attempted the wide variety of laver recipes mainly identifies it as a wrapping for sushi as it has long been connected with Japanese food preparation. In the British Isles it is used for use in a variety of cakes as well as breads. In western counties, it is presently getting importance for its duty in vegan and raw food meals. There are a great deal of different foods which include laver as well as the wellness benefits make it something every person ought to attempt.Nick the Greek’s Baklava
A preferred phyllo pastry that is served for treat is known as Baklava, pronounced bahk-lah-VAH. This delightful bread dessert is made in all countries of the Near East, therefore it appears that every one asserts it for its own. In reality I would certainly even say that each Greek household has their actual own variation of the dish, specifically from town to village.Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Who doesn’t such as a great cozy, sweet cinnamon roll fresh from the oven? I finish with a cool glass of milk. Although I do not consider myself a baker, every now and then, I such as to go in the kitchen area as well as bake some sweet deals with for me and my child.What Are Some Useful Baking Tips For Making Desserts?
I am detailing some of the ideas for preparation, saving as well as screening of the finished dessert. 1) Tips concerning nuts: If you are utilizing almonds on cakes, pies and also other treats, prepare the almonds the day in the past. Set up almonds in a single layer in a superficial baking pan.